10 things that happened at the blogmeet
1. this isnt fiction. a blogmeet really happened.
2. if you have met my friend kamini, then there’s about 45 per cent of kamini in aneela. mebbe as much as 46 per cent. so it was with a 46 per cent sense of deja vu i prattled on…
3. i tried to organise a mini contest for aneela.
she had to guess which one was me… me or my friend V. I botched up things a bit by giving out the answer BEFORE i announced the contest. gah! must do better next time.
4. menu: rasam starter. pooris aloo (south indian style), lemon rice and raitha, and mildly onion raitha-flavoured payasam with just two seeds of mustard floating around (our pal arhaan quickly mixed the raitha spoon with the payasam spoon in a nimble houdini style sleight of hand and voila)
5. dont believe a word she says about arhaan being demanding/ DVD-watching mini terror of a child. he is nothing of the sort. he plays. he’s a total world traveller. he’s organised. he’s softspoken. and his mouth forms a perfect bell-shaped curved graph when he cries. totally feel like pinching him now.
6. my firstborn who came back from school halfway into the blogmeet, he DIDNT EVEN NOTICE there was an aneela sitting beside his ma eating lunch. his eyes went straight to arhaan. and they all played housie-housie for a bit.
7. we have a common friend back in islamabad. we both knew his daughters when they were growing up. and we both loved his daughters.
8. i love roy and she mistry. but we both hate bhagat.
9. she can really make me shout with laughter. when you meet her, let her tell you the one about why she cuts her nails in the bathroom in her ma’s place.
10. and guess what she brought for me? hairoil:-) all the way from bangladesh. and i’ll let her to tell you what she bought for my kids, and how many light years it will take her to graduate from her current evil aunt status.