amazingly, i stick to my resolutions for most of the year…
this i realized in hindsight.
the goal is easier if it is something
like no sugar for 365 days
the abstracter the list is, the harder it is to remember and
and here’s a list by ‘christian d larson’ i liked for 2013. i tried to break it into what it means for me…
• To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
(I so need to remember these words at 3.31 pm when the boys come back from school… and the resulting puddle of chaos)
• To talk health, peace and happiness to everyone you meet.
( am guilty of being the “listener” when the ocassional auntie rambled on about back pains and insomnia, cysts and spondylitis; at the mmmim’s family bashes i’ve chosen gossip over peace; am generally wary of talking happiness : what if the stuff runs out?)
• To look at the sunny side of everything and make
your optimism and dreams come true.
(in these years, i’ve crossed over from pessimism to neutralism dusted with optimism; but given a choice i’d still be neutral)
• To think only of the best, work only for the best and expect
only the best for your life.
(it truly never occured to me. am glad i read it here. how liberating!)
• To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater
achievements of the bright, fresh future.
(finally! where i already score very high. i am a 10/10 in this one. i am not going to admit this is because i just dont remember anything. but if you know me, you know that i have mostly forgiven or surely forgotten)
• To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every
living creature you meet a smile.
(the thing that came naturally in my life in KL. i’ve smiled at the leaf, the bird that i could only hear, the star i saw outside my window: should totally recreate again in 2013)
• To give so much time to the improvements of yourself that
you have no time to be critical of others.
(mostly the mmmim and firstborn — but firstborn needs a lil criticism if he thinks 6 times 7 is 46 no?)
• To be too large for worry, too strong for fear, too noble
for anger, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
(i know 3 women who are 10/10 on the last three: my ma, my mil, my friend V respectively. I dont think women can take ” to be too large for worry”)